Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Passing of My Friend Scott Mallet





I regret that I am restarting my Blog posts with this one.  This weekend a good friend and colleague passed on, at the tragically young age of 36, from a heart attack.  I met Scott Mallet in July of 2008 at our first HTG13 meeting.  I knew almost immediately that Scott would be a challenge to my meager facilitation skills.  Like all good Entrepreneurs he possessed a strong personality and he was eager to both share with, and learn from, the group.  His wonderful sense of humor and sometimes pointed wit contributed to the quick gelling of HTG13.    Scott had such passion for his business, his friends and for life in general.  He never did anything that I could see half way.  It was my honor and privilege to be Scott's friend and I will miss him more than I can say.  I offer my heartfelt condolences to his wife Christy and want her to know that there are friends she can count on for whatever she needs both now and in the future. 

Irish Poem "If Tears could build a Stairway"

If tears could build a stairway and memories were a lane

We would walk right up to heaven and bring you back again.

No farewell words were spoken No time to say goodbye

You were gone before we knew it and only God knows why

Our hearts still ache in sadness and secret tears still flow

What it meant to lose you, no one will ever know

But now we know you want us to mourn for you no more

To remember all the happy times Life still has much in store

Since you'll never be forgotten We pledge to you today

A cherished place within our heart Is where you'll always stay



                                                                                  

No comments: